Generally with summer continuing into the month of July and rainfall taking place in most places too, it is the ideal time to plan a vacation. This will bring about a welcome change in the otherwise routine life and will also help to cope up with the hot and humid weather of July. There are several tour operations who offer cheap holidays in July primarily to cater to the demands of tourists looking for a welcome change, both from the weather and their daily lives.
Some popular July destinations
Popular destinations for July have always been Mediterranean regions like Spain, The Canary Islands, Turkey, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus etc. But in the recent past other destinations like Croatia, Bulgaria and even Amsterdam have become quite popular. Some of the very popular July vacation destinations for which budgeted packages are available are:
- Madeira: This Portuguese archipelago is considered to be the oasis of the Atlantic Ocean. With warm weather prevailing the whole year-round, it is an ideal place for getting a well-deserved tan. The location indeed sets the mood for outdoor enthusiasts, who can explore the vast seas and indulge in some water adventures. Those interested in water sports may even travel to other places in North Portugal, renowned for their kitesurfing Viana do castelo or Moledo beach, where other options such as kayaking or jet-skiing may also be available. Yet Madeira is not all about the sands and seas. It has a very contrasting diversity with regards to its natural features like plunging cliffs, verdant valleys, the rare forests of the Laurissilva, crystal clear waters of the seas, and even rock pools which stand as evidence of the volcanic origins of this group of islands.
- Marmaris: This is the largest jewel of the turquoise coastline of Turkey and is known as the “King of the coast” for its larger than life character. With myriad activities on offer for the tourists, they will be spoilt for choice. For the more adventurous ones, river rafting, trekking and water sports rule the day while for the lazy one, the beach beckons with its sand, sunshine and tranquillity. Of course one cannot forget to enjoy the benefits of the Turkish way of life resulting in a buzzing extravagant night life. The castle belonging to the magnificent Suleiman along with the cobblestoned pathways will seek to appease the historically inclined minds. On the other hand the gorgeous backdrop of mountains covered with the evergreen pine trees seeks to impart solace and soothe many a weary soul.
- Paphos: This picture perfect city situated on the southwest coastal region of Cyprus, offers the perfect setting for spending the month of July. With a countryside which is no less spectacular than an artist’s canvas, a cosmopolitan atmosphere appealing to the likes of all and archaeological sites bearing evidence of many a mysterious historical event, Paphos has something on offer for everyone.
- Minorca: One of the members of the Balearic Islands of Spain, Minorca offers endless crescent shaped beaches which are as yet not spoiled by tourism. It is a relatively unknown location and is an ideal getaway for people looking for some lazy lying on the beach and a slow paced life. The uniqueness of this island lies in the as yet relatively unexplored coral reefs and the abundant beauty of the underwater aquatic life. This place is, thus, one of the ideal destinations for availing cheap holidays in July from tour operators.
- Amsterdam: This offers a nice change from all the Oceanside coastal destinations of the Mediterranean. With its romantic lanes and by lanes, canals and bridges, this capital city of Holland has much to offer to its visiting tourists. Culturally strong with art museums and theatres catering to the likes of art lovers, it also has on offer many a challenging outdoor activity to be relished by the adventure seekers.
Offering innumerable diverse activities to fill up the days of an otherwise hot month of July, the above destinations each have a charm of their own. This charm can only be felt by visiting the place and coming back rejuvenated and refreshed to face life head-on.